Simonds Canada?

danello
PostsCOLON 5
JoinedCOLON July 11th, 2016, 3:58 am

Simonds Canada?

Post by danello » December 22nd, 2018, 4:58 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has seen a Canadian Simonds catalog?

I have several faintly etched, three-holed Simonds saws that I would like to ID.

Thanks, Dan

sandersdwa
PostsCOLON 57
JoinedCOLON January 11th, 2015, 6:53 pm

Re: Simonds Canada?

Post by sandersdwa » December 26th, 2018, 10:28 am

I was fortunate to find a Simonds Canada 1937 catalog. However, the only difference you will see in the catalog is the Etch (which contains "Canada"). The picture of the saws show only the two handle holes and it appears that and everything else may be the same as the standard Simonds 1937 catalog.

Keep in mind the catalogs are not exact in depicting the saws and even dimensions. I sought out this catalog because I have several Canadian saws too. Two of which are 4 foot long Canadian 325 and I was hoping this catalog would show that length. However, all of the Simonds catalogs, including this one list the shortest 325 at 4.5 Feet.

Here is a link where you should be able to view my Simonds Canadian Saw Co. 1937 catalog:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzGpfE ... sp=sharing

Let me know if you want to see any pictures of my Simonds Canadian saws for reference (133, 325, 22)
Don

danello
PostsCOLON 5
JoinedCOLON July 11th, 2016, 3:58 am

Re: Simonds Canada?

Post by danello » December 26th, 2018, 2:56 pm

Hey Don, thanks for posting the '37 Canadian Simonds catalog. Just like you, I have a couple 4-foot saws. Not sure if they are 325s or 133s, I have never checked the number of gauges. The catalog answered another question of mine: who made the Dominion Brand saw. Appears to be an offshoot of Simonds in Canada.

Dan

BUTTON_POST_REPLY